[Tagging] documenting cycleway=crossing

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 21:57:30 UTC 2019

I am heavily mapping cycling-related objects in Italy. I have only
occasionally listened into this discussion due to lack of time.
Let me just comment on a few things:

The problem number one is that cycling-related traffic rules are much more
variegated. Creating a uniform approasch for all countries is most likely
impossible.

Problem number two in Italy, in addition, the rules are contradictory, ill
defined, often not known even to experts. I astill have not figured out how
to map all situations that i have so far encountered in my city.

I don't think it's agood idea to create separate pages for
footway=crossing; cycleway=crossing; path=crossing; track=crossing;
service=crossing (yes we need all of them here in Italy, as they all can be
foot- or bicycle- or foot-and-bicycle crossings on roads and cycleways (the
latter are foot crossings on cycleways)
This should all be in an "...=crossing" page.

I agree with Hubert87 in using
hw=footway + footway=crossing
hw=cycleway + cycleway=crossing
hw=path + path=crossing