[Tagging] Subtag for place=locality?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 23:48:34 UTC 2019

> I might just as well use a multipolygon relation for them as I have in
the past.

Yes, that’s my recommendation. You just need a tag that is for groups of
lakes.

Archipelagos are mapped as multipolygon relations tagged with
place=archipelago, name= and type=multipolygon. This makes it easy to
search for, does not duplicate the place=island tags on each island, and
can be rendered with existing tools.

A named group of lakes is similar to a water equivalent of an archipelago
(especially if they are not connected by rivers)