[Tagging] Tag for a plateau or tableland?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 08:01:28 UTC 2019

The several related Wikipedia pages failed to mention Table Mount as a
synonym, even though they had plenty of foreign language terms listed.
American English bias perhaps?

The first hit I get for “table mount” is Guyot: “In marine geology, a guyot
also known as a tablemount, is an isolated underwater volcanic mountain (
seamount)”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guyot

That’s not the same. There is also a proper name “Table Mountain”, a
flat-topped mountain on the Cape of Good Hope peninsula by Capetown

It looks like the Dutch / Afrikaans term is literally “Tablemountain”.
Perhaps it is the same in German?