[Tagging] Stop the large feature madness

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Thu Apr 18 09:49:46 UTC 2019

On Thursday 18 April 2019, Warin wrote:

> There are also 'points' and 'heads' to name a few other landforms
> missing in OSM.

While i have an understanding of what a mesa and a butte are i have no
idea how you define a 'point' or 'head' so no comment on that.

> To say that they should not be mapped is to deny there existence.

No, to say some things should not be mapped acknowledges that OSM is
about recording verifiable local knowledge and not "everything that
exists" - whatever that means.

> It is not unusual to look for these things .. OSM failure to map them
> leads to other sources being used.

Exactly.  We need to establish that there are things outside the scope
of OSM for which you need other projects to collect data about them.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/