[Tagging] More large feature problems: Seas, Bays and Straits

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 18 14:11:15 UTC 2019

Le 18.04.19 à 15:42, Joseph Eisenberg a écrit :
> I am thinking of changing the place=sea wiki page back to the earlier
> version that only recommended mapping as nodes, because I cannot
> download and manage these new huge relations.

Should Russia or the USA boundary relationship be reduced
into a node because their boundary relationship is too big for you ?
I think that's a very bad reason.

The real argument in my opinion is: do we have a valid and uncontested
opendata source to define this object ? or any information to survey
to define this area (the problem is often the marine part) ?
if so, there will inevitably be contributors who will transform
the nodes into a area.

if there is no source available or if it is contradictory,
then it does not make much sense to convert an imprecise node
into a surface, half right, half wrong.
but too many changeset lack a valid source tag filled