[Tagging] Why should we avoid overusage of amenity=* tag?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 00:12:15 UTC 2019

On 21/04/19 05:31, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 at 19:52, 石野貴之 <yumean1119 at gmail.com
> <mailto:yumean1119 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I don't know the reason why we should not use amenity=* too much.
>     If you have time, please let me know.
>
> Lack of specificity.  It's nice to be able to categorize things.

+1.

I am all for the introduction of the key education=*

It makes sense, adds detail - improves the map data base.

Those who don't want change dissuade improvements.

Renders are perfectly free to not use these added details ... simply
take all education=* as amenity=school and let others make use of the
added detail improving their map and probably gain map users as a result.