[Tagging] Why should we avoid overusage of amenity=* tag?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Apr 21 07:20:46 UTC 2019

Apr 21, 2019, 3:55 AM by yumean1119 at gmail.com:

> I think that our discussion about these tagging schemes is in very slow progress. In my opinion, a proposal on a new tag like amenity=educational_services
> is more effective rather than shifting to educational=* tagging schemes.

I agree. Note that there are many people with conflicting opinions about how tagging
should work and how it should be changed.

For example I see no problem with many features using amenity key.

In some cases there are groups of people with completely opposing opinions and it
is impossible to please both of them.