[Tagging] Why should we avoid overusage of amenity=* tag?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 14:51:16 UTC 2019

In villages and neighborhoods of smaller towns, the school is often
the largest or only public place.

In Central and South America, the public school is also often the
place where voting takes place for elections, community meetings
happen, and cultural events take place. This is also true of many
rural settlements in North America which lack any other secular
meeting place. In my rural American home town the public school
building was the only place to hold an indoor community event.

I suspect that in many rural areas the school is one of the most
likely places to meet with someone outside of the home or workplace,
because there are no other "third places" such as cafes, restaurants,
libraries, etc.