[Tagging] free_standing_emergency_department, amenity or clinic ?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 11:51:10 UTC 2019

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 at 05:40, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 4/30/19, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com> wrote:
> > 29 Apr 2019, 23:11 by pla16021 at gmail.com:
> >
> >> Since healthcare=* is now rendered by standard carto, there's no reason
> >> include amenity=*.
> >>
> > Please, avoid basing tagging decision on one specific renderer.
> >

> (Also, that information is no longer correct:
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/3731
> Due to:
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/3639
> Sorry.)

Hmmmmmmm.  I actually checked that healthcare=* rendered by finding an
example
without a corresponding amenity tag.  So I'm now confused (which is fairly
normal for
me).

I'm also puzzled as to why (if I understand the issue correctly) you'd stop
healthcare=*
rendering for anything just because it fails to render on polygons without
an area=yes.
So I'm now doubly-confused.  Oh, and I'd naturally put a healthcare=* tag
on a building,
which naturally has an area=yes, so I'm triply confused.

--
Paul