[Tagging] Status of oneway=cw oneway=ccw

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Apr 30 19:00:40 UTC 2019

30 Apr 2019, 20:18 by s8evq at runbox.com:

> - bidirectional=no
> - signed_oneway=yes
> - signed_direction=yes
> - designated_direction=forward|both|backward
> - signed=forward|backward|both|none

For me all work equally well, though with designated_direction=forward
and similar I am not sure whatever direction in relation would become important.

> Personally, I like signed_direction=yes. It's simple and avoids using the word oneway.
> Also, using the value forward|backward might not be necessary, as it's possible to deduce this from the order of ways in the relation.
>
> Any other views? Anybody against replacing oneway=yes with signed_direction=yes in the wiki pages of route=foot and route=hiking?

I would mention both, with link to the thread and explanation that oneway=yes is discouraged.
This way that tag use is still documented. Though it may be OK to put it into <ref></ref> note
or similar to avoid clutter.