[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:healthcare:equipment

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 21:05:45 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 1. Aug 2019, at 22:18, Mhairi O'Hara <mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org> wrote:
>
> "Indicates what type of speciality medical equipment is available at a health facility"
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:healthcare:equipment

I am not sure this should already go to voting, documentation is still rather vague and it is somehow indicative that the status is still set to draft. The rationale is quite detailed but actual tagging must mostly be imagined. I would suggest to have this discussed for another round and be more explicit about the proposed values.

To me it is not even completely clear whether this should be used as a property or defines an explicit feature, although it seems more thought as a property (but then there are the size considerations).

For example you mention “operating theatre” (we are using BE spelling for tags), emergency_department and laboratory as possible values. To me neither of these seems a good fit for an _equipment_ tag, and IMHO for things like these we should choose a representation that allows for easy addition of more detail if desired (e.g. operating theatre capacity, location of emergency department and its access points, details for capabilities of the lab, etc.)

Cheers Martin