[Tagging] Was public_transport=platform intended to always be combined with highway=bus_stop?

yo paseopor yopaseopor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 09:45:30 UTC 2019

Yes, one ring (one key=one value) for all kind of public transports because
it is easier to say this key and then what kind of transport do you have in.

It's better:

public_transport=stop_position or
public_transport=platform
and then bus,tram,train,subway,ferry,helicopter,UFO, future's
vehicles...=yes

than

highway=bus_stop
railway=platform
railway=tram_stop
bus_bay=yes
ferry=station
whatever we have to invent in the future=*

Also I think if you want to map some complex situations you cannot use only
one node for all of them, as we don't use it in banks and atm's.
Stop_area and stop_area_group are working well with big interchange
stations.
There are 223000+ stop_area relations. And there are 4400+ stop_area_group
relations, should we deprecate them? If you think there is no use about
these tags. Please visit taginfo.
We have a small Mediterranean town called ... Barcelona that uses this
transport scheme and we don't have any problem. You can see it at Osmand,
Maps.me or OPVNkarte.

The only negative point for public transport v2 scheme was the
no-deprecation of the old scheme to avoid duplicities (surely was done this
to don't uncomfort people)
Salut i transport públic (Health and public_transport)
yopaseopor