[Tagging] Multiple values in isced:level

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Aug 5 06:55:16 UTC 2019

Am 04.08.2019 um 13:50 schrieb Paul Allen:
> On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 at 10:29, Lanxana . <lanxanae at gmail.com
> <mailto:lanxanae at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I have looked in taginfo and approximately in 15000 cases the
>     semicolon (;) is used, in 3000 the comma (,) and in 1000 cases the
>     hyphen (-). It would seem therefore that the general criteria is
>     to use the semicolon.
>

> See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Semi-colon_value_separator

The page does not represent community consensus, it is an intermediate
state of an old edit war.

That it doesn't make sense should be clear from a) the fact that there
are a lot of attribute tags that use semi-colons separated values
without any issues, b) that in the mean time we have a lot of tags that
use far more complicated structured values which work just fine and
nobody writes pamphlets with lots of bold and capital letters claiming
that they can't possibly work.

If there should have been a conclusion from the discussion, it should
have been that use of lists in a specific tag should be documented,
including what the semantics are.

Simon