[Tagging] Tagging of State Parks in the US

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 12:39:07 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 6:58 AM Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 at 05:24, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:
> Class 26 appears to encompass two things.  Colonial-era entities, if purely
> historic, shouldn't concern us.  OTOH, if they are a protected area by virtue
> of once being colonial-era entities then they do.  Protectorates (where
> they still exist) do concern us, but might be better handled as military
> areas or under the proposal that seems to have stalled about country
> boundaries.  OTOH, we have (for example) the British military enclaves of
> Akrotiri and Dhekelia in Cyprus - if you squint hard enough they are
> "protected areas."

I have no good examples to offer.  Overpass finds only 22 such
objects. All appear to be ordinary historic sites, some of which
happen to date back to one or another colonial era. Since whoever
created the page appears to have made the classes beyond 6 out of
whole cloth, it's really hard to figure out. I was hoping that there
might be insight to be gained on this list.