[Tagging] Tagging of State Parks in the US

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 10:56:42 UTC 2019

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 at 05:24, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had earnestly hoped to avoid the pain of coming up with a tagging
> proposal

I'm sorry to have been amongst those who caused you that pain.

> Suggestions are, of course, welcome, bearing in mind the above caveats.

Class 26 appears to encompass two things.  Colonial-era entities, if purely
historic, shouldn't concern us.  OTOH, if they are a protected area by
virtue
of once being colonial-era entities then they do.  Protectorates (where
they still exist) do concern us, but might be better handled as military
areas or under the proposal that seems to have stalled about country
boundaries.  OTOH, we have (for example) the British military enclaves of
Akrotiri and Dhekelia in Cyprus - if you squint hard enough they are
"protected areas."

--
Paul