[Tagging] Rethinking Map Features

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 13:59:14 UTC 2019

Thanks, I've got it now.

The problem with the wikibase data item "labels": if you go to add the
description in another language for a recently created wiki page, the
top left of the page has a very large, gray text heading like "No
Label Defined" (but in Indonesian, or Spanish, etc), which suggests
that something is missing.

I suspect this happens because the English "label" field may not have
been created in the data item?

Also, when adding the description, the next field to the left is the
blank label field, with grayed-out text "No Label Found". It's quite
tempting to fill this in. Do we really want wiki users to feel they
should add translations for the "key" and "value" of each tag?