[Tagging] tag templates in the wiki

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 15:42:06 UTC 2019

I've found it quite confusing. Fortunately, user Yurik, who seems to
be leading the efforts to create the data items (wikibase), has been
quick about answering my questions when I didn't understand the
system.

But initially I couldn't figure out how to add description in another
language (turns out you have to change the language of the wiki
interface), and it can be quite confusing when a tag status or "see
also" appears, yet there is nothing in the page source.

In the long term it might be ok if the current system is entirely
replaced, but the current situation is confusing. And I'm not yet
convinced that editing the data items will be easier, in English or
for translated and localized wiki pages.