[Tagging] tag templates in the wiki

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 21:44:14 UTC 2019

I’ve been calling the system “wikibase”, but don’t know if this is clearer.

I’d avoid saying “OSM data items” because this sounds very similar to “OSM
database objects”.’

We could say “(OSM) wiki data items”?

Or “Openstreetmap.org wikibase data items”?

But what do we call the whole data system: “the OSM wiki wikibase?”
“wiki.openstreetmap.org wikibase?”
“openstreetmap.org wiki data item system?”

Ugh. I can’t think of a 100% clear and unambiguous term to use for data
items or the whole system.

It’s hard to avoid confusion with the OSM database (nodes/ways) vs the wiki
data.

Joseph