[Tagging] Merging tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, route=hiking, route=foot and Walking routes

s8evq s8evq at runbox.com
Wed Aug 14 09:54:11 UTC 2019

I have gone ahead, and made a temporary Wiki page (not linked from anywhere) https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tagging_scheme_hiking_walking

I copy here the text I added on the page as well:

I have not added or removed any content. The aim of this table is to only harmonize the four different tagging scheme tables. The only three things I have altered so far are:

1) Remove the wording "(optional)" in front of the explanation of some keys. What's the function of adding (optional) in front of tags that are in the Useful section of the table? Isn't every tag that is not in Required optional by default?
2) Sort alphabetical in the Useful section
3) Use tag and tagvalue templates where possible

To do
1) Explanation route=hiking / route=foot is merely a copy paste at the moment. Should be cleaned out and clarified
2) Explanation network=* is merely a copy paste of the different explanations. Duplicates should be removed and text clarified.
3) Remove the mentioning of public transport routes in the explanation of colour=*.

To be decided:
How to integrate this table in hiking, Walking Routes, tag:route=hiking, tag:route=foot
1) Link from each of the four pages to this as a separate page?
2) Pick one of the four pages, put the table there, and link from it in the three other pages?
3) Use transclusion