[Tagging] Merging tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, route=hiking, route=foot and Walking routes

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 20:08:12 UTC 2019

Foot is always right, at some point it may turn into hiking, also dependent
on what you carry, where it happens, and how you feel about it. Personal
preference/country/region largely determine how you call it. For all
practical purposes, highway=foot and highway=hiking are the same. If a
renderer or datauser wants to be more specific, better to consider specific
attributes of the relation(s) and the ways it uses, to determine how to
render/categorize/filter the routes.

Fr gr Peter Elderson