[Tagging] Past discussions Was:Re: Classifying roads from Trunk to Tertiary and Unclassified

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 14 10:22:27 UTC 2019

Le 14.08.19 à 02:00, Warin a écrit :
> On 14/08/19 00:20, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>>> On 13. Aug 2019, at 16:02, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Which diverged into this thread.  We've come full circle.
>> you have to repeat and explain the outcome of older discussions
>> to bring those on board who have joined later ;-)

if you need to repeat, sometimes it's also because the useful is drowned
in the flow and known only to the 5 people who swim in it

> Should be an FAQ?
> Or easier to find links to past discussions (both those with an outcome
> and those still in contention). A few of these are not frequent.

given the length of the discussion and its scattering, adding a link
to the first message of every thread is not very useful.
on the other hand, it was proposed that the long-term discussions should
have a summary, also posted on tagging that could be pointed to the wiki
or other place requiring it.
for my part I am unable to make such a summary for this subject,
I have long since lost sight of the purpose of this thread except to say
"something is wrong"

as mentioned recently, some discussions are indigestible,
not only because of the number of messages but also because
of the lack of quote and clear/targeted comments.
and just because all but 5 participants gave up does not mean that the
subject has progressed.