[Tagging] Merging tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, route=hiking, route=foot and Walking routes

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 15:04:30 UTC 2019

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 at 15:38, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 9:00 AM Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The ways in the main relation should form one continuous sorted
> (sortable) route,
> >
> > No.  Don't assume that route ways are sorted in OSM as they usually
> aren't.
>
> In my part of the world, I've tried to repair those that aren't.
> (Having gaps in the route is tolerable with recent versions of WMT.)

It is worth noting that, until recently, one reason why routes weren't
sorted is that one
of the editors didn't maintain sort order when modifying a route, nor did
it seem to
have a way of sorting the route manually.  That changed a few months ago,
so perhaps
an increasing number of routes will be sorted.  You still can't depend on
it, though.

--
Paul