[Tagging] Merging tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, route=hiking, route=foot and Walking routes

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 14:37:17 UTC 2019

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 9:00 AM Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The ways in the main relation should form one continuous sorted (sortable) route,
>
> No.  Don't assume that route ways are sorted in OSM as they usually aren't.

With the advent of waymarkedtrails.org, more and more hiking routes are being
maintained so that they are at least sortable. (WMT depends on such
things in order to produce conveniences like elevation profiles for
the route.)

In my part of the world, I've tried to repair those that aren't.
(Having gaps in the route is tolerable with recent versions of WMT.)
--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin