[Tagging] Bicycle kitchens, community centres that offer bicycle repairs etc

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Thu Aug 15 15:48:51 UTC 2019

> Anyway, just a property like "service:bicycle:repair=yes" and a name would not work, IMHO

No indeed, I wouldn't recommend it as a stand-alone feature tag. But as
extra tag to a shop or amenity, it think it would help.

Also note that for self-service bike repair we have
"amenity=bicycle_repair_station" -- presumably not the best tag for this
community centre bike repair service (it sounds like volunteers do the
repair work, not the user) but worth mentioning.

By the way, I'm wrong about the history of service:bicycle:* -- it was
discussed and voted on in 2011, approved, and documented in the wiki
under the shop=bicycle page. I must be mis-remembering some other
controversy.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/service:bicycle