[Tagging] Bicycle kitchens, community centres that offer bicycle repairs etc

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 23:30:07 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 15. Aug 2019, at 17:48, Jmapb <jmapb at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> Also note that for self-service bike repair we have
> "amenity=bicycle_repair_station" -- presumably not the best tag for this
> community centre bike repair service (it sounds like volunteers do the
> repair work, not the user) but worth mentioning.

the repair stations are a different beast, these are places where a few essential tools are available (for problems on the go), but are unmanned. The community centre bike repair places are often fully equipped workshops, which are operated by volunteers who are taking care of the place and will help you to do the work yourself.

Cheers Martin