[Tagging] Roles of route members (was: Merging tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, ...)

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 08:58:05 UTC 2019

On 16/08/2019 08:50, Peter Elderson wrote:
> Josm of course. Is there another relation editor that can handle large nested route relations spanning up to say 4000 Km?

P2 can, at least.  Other people seem to suggest that iD does a
reasonable job now too.

The more interesting question, though, is "why do you want walking route
relations to be sorted".  The point that's already been made about
routes that use the same way twice is a valid one, but almost never
applies to walking route relations.  What are you trying to do with e.g.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1976184 (the part of E2* that
runs through Yorkshire) if it's not sorted?

Best Regards,

Andy

* There are actually many other things wrong with that relation. It's
not signed, so in a since here it "does not exist" but at the very least
it should be tagged as such.  Also it's actually defined here in terms
of the Wolds Way (which is signed), not in terms of individual paths.  I
also doubt that the LDWA is in any sense an "operator".