[Tagging] Keys to which new values can be added without a proposal: craft=, shop=, building=, office=, sport=?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 12:20:06 UTC 2019

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 12:52, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> IMHO what may be needed is “workshop” rather than business.

Artists will probably be upset by "workshop" and will insist they have
studios (which is
where we came in).  Whilst it might be sensible to have something (whatever
we call it)
it is going to end up replacing the bulk of craft=*.  Which may not be a
bad thing.
Having craft=sculptor seems to imply we're mapping a person.  Using
office=lawyer
is fine because it's an office where a lawyer (or lawyers) work.  But
craft=sculptor
would, if interpreted pedantically, be a place which manufactures sculptors
from
raw materials.

But then we have craft=brewery rather than craft=brewer, so we've been
rather
inconsistent.  Also, workshop=brewer is rather ugly.

At this point we remember how hard it is to change anything that's
widespread, and
quietly forget about the whole issue.

--
Paul