[Tagging] Keys to which new values can be added without a proposal: craft=, shop=, building=, office=, sport=?

ael witwall3 at disroot.org
Fri Aug 16 13:13:34 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 05:02:14PM +1000, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> We discussed this a few month ago with the possibility of introducing a new
> tag of business= to show such things as (house) painters, plumbers "shed" &
> so on for work premises that aren't "craft", which suggests handmade /
> handicraft.

I have long been using the tag "business" even though it is not
documented or rendered AFAIK.

I have never been able to bring myself to use "office" for places that
plainly were not offices, even if the places might perhaps in many
cases include a small office.

I could never see the point in tagging offices which are of no intrinsic
interest except perhaps to office equipment suppliers.

But that is just my native UK viewpoint.

ael