[Tagging] Keys to which new values can be added without a proposal: craft=, shop=, building=, office=, sport=?

ael witwall3 at disroot.org
Sat Aug 17 10:53:05 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 10:54:52PM +0100, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 22:33, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > The way I see it, we’re mapping the world, as it is. Not just places where
> > the general public may have an interest in navigating to it. If you were to
> > make an analysis about the functional structure of a city you would want to
> > know about the offices, even if they are not open to anyone besides their
> > clients and business partners.
> >

> And parcel deliverers.  And others.  Just because most people don't need or
> want to know
> about them, that doesn't mean nobody wants to know.

But surely parcels are seldom delivered to an "office" but typically to
reception in a business. Of course, reception may be part of an office,
especially in small organisations.

But my point was that as I understood things, the office tag was typically used
to indicate a place of business, rather than a real office which may or
may not included.

Of course, I have no problem with tagging significant real offices with
the office tag.

ael