[Tagging] Keys to which new values can be added without a proposal: craft=, shop=, building=, office=, sport=?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 15:20:36 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 17. Aug 2019, at 15:18, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Also out of courtesy.

yes, there may always be considerations from individual mappers to refrain from mapping certain things , for different reasons like courtesy, respect etc., and this is perfectly fine (more difficult to judge are deletions for such reasons)

>> Unlike real people, businesses don’t have privacy and should not be able to dictate what we can map and what not.
>
> But they do control if they make that information public.  My next-door-neighbour might
> be running some sort of business from home, but if she is then she's keeping it secret
> from me.  I can't map what I don't know about.

not sure, this will probably depend on the jurisdiction, I am aware of situations where the addresses and names of businesses are public. Speaking about ordinary registered businesses here, if the activity is illegal or at least not registered for tax avoidance (likely illegal as well), the situation may be different, but usually you would require a VAT number and other businesses would have a means to check it, but this might also vary across jurisdictions.

Cheers Martin