[Tagging] Livestock=* to specify the livestock animals in a farmyard or meadow?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 13:28:37 UTC 2019

>> The tag livestock=*
>> used 132 times
>
> 16% of landuse=farmyard have a animal=* tag.

I think you misread taginfo. There are over 800,000 landuse=farmyard
features, and only  1764 have an animal=* tag, so that is 0.22% - the
16% on the right means that 16% of uses of animal are found on
landuse=farmyard.

If we remove the animal=yes tags, there are about 247 uses of animal=*
on landuse=farmyard, landuse=meadow, and landuse=farmland combined, so
it's not huge.

I'd be happy to use either animal=* or livestock=*, myself, but I was
concerned that they wide variety of uses for the animal=* key would be
a problem with getting a proposal approved.

Joseph