[Tagging] Signposts in Roles of route members

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 17:51:02 UTC 2019

On 19/08/2019 09:50, Volker Schmidt wrote:
> Let me also introduce a further complication in the "sorting"
> discussion for hiking and cycling route relations.
> Some mappers like the idea to keep signposts in the same route
> relation as the ways making up the route.

By way of example, here's one near me:

The method for mapping the signposts is not quite the same as the CAI
page.  Signposts are mapped as either guidepost (see e.g.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5894712185 ) or route_marker (
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5734015420 ) depending on what form
the route marker takes.  Each has the role "marker" within the relation.

Best Regards,

Andy