[Tagging] Designated spots for dogs to wait

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 03:16:14 UTC 2019

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 9:38 AM John Willis via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I still dislike this, as it defines parking for a horse or camel or
> something found in the equestrian=* tag.

Why? Hitch just means fasten to. So it's a post that you can fasten
something to. You can get hitching posts for bicycles, boats, caravans,
horses, dogs. Camel hitches are different thing
https://www.fotolibra.com/gallery/1006546/camels-in-pick-up-truck/

> I really like lead_hook - as it implies:

A "lead hook" is something you use to hang an electrical extension lead on
something. A "dog lead hook" is something you hang up the dog's lead on
when you get home from walkies and don't need it anymore.