[Tagging] Cash_withdrawal draft

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Thu Aug 22 16:21:45 UTC 2019

On 22/08/2019 15:47, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 13:09, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk
> <mailto:phil at trigpoint.me.uk>> wrote:
>
>     In British English the term used is Cashback.
>
> I can confirm that.  I'm not sure, but I think it's only possible to
> get cashback if you make
> a purchase.  But that could just be a policy of some stores, or I
> could be completely wrong
> (I've never tried to get cashback without making a purchase).

I believe that is correct, you have to buy something, even if it costs a
penny/cent so that they can open the till.

My local co-op has a separate area for the post office, which offers the
full range of services but keeps normal post office hours.

The main co-op supermarket has a post office terminal, not sure what it
can do but you can't tax your car or send off for a passport, but it has
a scale to weigh parcels and also offers cash withdrawl which requires
no purchase. This is available whenever the co-op is open Mo-Sa
7:00-22:00 Su 10:00-16:00.

Is there, or should there be, a tag for these mini-post offices?

Is this a UK thing?

Phil (trigpoint)