[Tagging] Proposed removal of rendering support for natural=marsh in Openstreetmap-carto style

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 02:59:38 UTC 2019

This change has now been made:
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/3829

When the next release happens, probably in the next month,
natural=marsh will no longer be rendered in the Openstreetmap-carto
style, used on the "Standard" layer for openstreetmap.org.

This feature has been listed as deprecated for several years, with the
recommended replacement being  natural=wetland + wetland=marsh

Most features with this tag have not been reviewed for several years;
check if there are any in your local area which need updating.

- Joseph