[Tagging] New proposal draft to simplify the mapping of farm buildings (stables)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 12:04:11 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 28. Aug 2019, at 13:26, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If he were to propose some other value (I can't think of one) for a generic livestock-holding
> building then I would have less reason to object to the proposal.  But I probably would still
> object - we have 24,000 stables and 9,900 cowsheds.  Pigs don't get many mentions, and
> we have a strange mix of names for buildings for them (what's a pig_ark?).  There are
> over 1,300 chicken_coops.  It would be a lot of pain to switch with very little gain that I
> can see.  Maybe he could make a persuasive argument for it.

there are many interesting properties that could be tagged with regard to animal keeping, e.g. the kind of cowshed (e.g. distinguishing between cattle in chains and freely moving), or even more if you think about chicken.

Is someone already tagging the EU reference numbers for farmyards with organic production certification? It has to be labeled on the produce and would be cool if you could search on the map where your eggs or steak come from ;-)

Cheers Martin