[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - protection_class=* (Words, not numeric codes)

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 15:49:03 UTC 2019

Hi all,

This proposal sounds good in the field of knowledge it covers and I would
certainly go for it when vote will be open.

I've noticed a potential conflict with protection degrees defined in IEC
60529 norm (IP-XY numbers seen on many electronic appliances), also called
"protection class".
Could you please consider this contribution to RFC please?
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposal:_Named_protection_class_for_protected_areas#Potential_conflict_with_IEC_60529_degrees_of_protection

All the best

François