[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - protection_class=* (Words, not numeric codes)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 17:08:39 UTC 2019

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 17:50, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:

(Earlier in the thread, I mentioned tagging the Catskill and
> Adirondack Parks in New York as 'national_park' and not apologizing.
> Someone replied to me giving Pembrokeshire Coast National Park as a UK
> precedent for a 'national park that isnt a National Park, and it's
> complicated.')

Yes, it is indeed complicated.  But it definitely is a national park.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pembrokeshire_Coast_National_Park
and https://www.pembrokeshirecoast.wales/default.asp?PID=161
It may include things that many wouldn't associate with a national
park, but it's a national park.  Not just in name but also legally.

'If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck but needs batteries,
> you probably have the wrong abstraction.' - B. Liskov

But we'll tag it as a duck anyway.  Because this is OSM.

--
Paul