[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - hiking_trail_relation_roles

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 00:50:56 UTC 2019

I have actually come across 1 instance where a pedestrian should not go in the opposite direction, and markings were actually different for the directions. Most hikers would simply use the opposite route section for both directions. That is to say it's a very rare exception. Completely different from cycling routes, which tend to have many sections where the route directions use different sets of ways.

I think a simple oneway=yes on a hiking route relation could say it's signposted for one direction.

Mvg Peter Elderson