[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - park_drive

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sat Dec 7 18:44:39 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-12-05 at 14:46 +0100, Martin Scholtes wrote:
> Am 05.12.2019 um 12:41 schrieb Sören Reinecke via Tagging:
>
> > Allows the tag the mapping of carpool meeting points?
> The proposal aims at marking parking places where one could meet to
> carpool or which explicitly provide for parking one's vehicle and
> forming a carpool.
>
> An example would be a car park at a railway station, where you could
> meet and carpool, but the car park is not explicitly intended for
> this
> purpose, but for travelling by public transport.

In that case you could very easily be in breach of the terms of use of
that car park. Occasional use may go unnoticed but one a public
database encourages such use then action could happen.

This type of tagging should only apply to officially designated places.

I have local knowledge of changes to parking conditions resulting in
changes to the conditions of use aimed at preventing such usage.

Phil (trigpoint)