[Tagging] shop=ice_cream vs amenity=ice_cream and OSM Wiki vs tagging

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 15:12:13 UTC 2019

We all tend to think in pre-established categories.
Another one:
" The distinction that I find important is between ice cream made in an
artisanal fashion (like cakes, pastry) vs. ice cream that is produced
industrially,"
We have a famous (at least expensive) hybrid between the two her in Italy:
(Unilever-owned) GROM produce their ice cream concentrate in a factory and
then convert that stuff locally into ice-cream for which people queue.("Un
gelato come una volta").
Is that industrial or "artigianale" ?