[Tagging] state of a proposal

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Dec 8 21:43:04 UTC 2019

This proposal is abandoned. See
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Proposed_features/Street_area&action=history

As with any other tag:
- review how tag is actually used
- document it at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:area:highway
- use it in way matching de facto standard (or not use it)

As with any tag with an abandoned proposal:
You can also start second RfC or start a proposal vote.
You can also contact author of the proposal and asking whatever he
is fine with that.

Though given widespread use it is dubious whatever vote will actually
change anything, especially as it is too late to change tag definition
based on feedback. At this is the most useful part of a proposal
process.

For closing - AFAIK we only note RfC start dates.

8 Dec 2019, 18:37 by catonano at gmail.com: