[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Leisure=Skatepark

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 09:50:25 UTC 2019

Am Mo., 9. Dez. 2019 um 18:31 Uhr schrieb Tom Pfeifer <
t.pfeifer at computer.org>:

> On 09.12.2019 03:13, Scott via Tagging wrote:
> skating, BMX'ing, or scootering.
> >
> > Proposal for fixing improper definition of sport=skateboarding, creating
> skatepark as a result, and
> > other relevant access and equipment tags.
> >

> I'd prefer to keep it leisure=pitch, avoiding top-level tag fragmentation.

to me a skatepark is a clearly defined "thing", while a "pitch" is not, I'd
rather see the skatepark as kind of sports centre (albeit not really
comparable, as sport centres tend to have opening hours, require the
payment of fees, or even membership in an association, while skateparks may
be like this, but often are just areas where you can go anytime to do your
sports, and without any kind of staff). The skatepark can be a bigger
entity, within which you might find several "pitches" (obstacles / circuits
/ stations), e.g a halfpipe (again would prefer leisure=halfpipe over
leisure=pitch for these).

> Refinements about the
> sport definition can appear in the sport=* subtagging.

sure

Cheers
Martin