[Tagging] footway=crossing in detailed tagging

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 18:21:20 UTC 2019

This is, at least in some cases, more complicated.
Take a road that has a parallel segregated foot-cycle path and the crossing
itself is a segregated foot-cycle path, as in these two examples:
https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/S6U2AoBM5Q3jI3b-hKP5_A
https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/x-7IO3FbbtFLB0NKpCZSUQ
As shown in the two images they come also in two variants (same street!)
which illustrate the point I want to make: the pedestrian crossing crosses
also the bicycle part of the foot-cycle sidepath, i.e. crossing pedestrians
have priority also over the cyclists.
I would say the the crossing should be mapped to the joining point of the
ways.