[Tagging] Roundtrip and closed loop in relations

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 21:39:44 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 19. Dec 2019, at 22:16, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> you have changed the meaning of the tag from inluding the possibility of a loop to exluding it.

it may be too early to change definitions, but previous discussions have shown that there was confusion about the roundtrip tag also before, and the definition that start and end of the route have to be the same is also satisfied with actual roundtrips (A-B and back).
IMHO we should discourage the roundtrip tag altogether and establish alternative tags for the cases that should be covered (loops and back and forth or oneway) if they are required.

Cheers Martin