[Tagging] [Talk-us] Trunk VS primary,

Tod Fitch tod at fitchfamily.org
Sat Dec 21 02:27:14 UTC 2019

> On Dec 20, 2019, at 5:25 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
>

> What I'm saying is highway=bundesstraße could be acceptable, but straße=bundestraße wouldn't be.  Mostly so way type objects with highway=*  are still potentially routable.

I sure wouldn’t want to be the person in charge of maintaining either the style definition or the SQL select function that had to decide which of many possible highway tag values I was going to render as a freeway, major road, minor road, etc. when creating a map that covers the whole world or even just a significant part of it.

Cheers!
Tod