[Tagging] What access key for cargo bike ?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 21:35:20 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 20. Dec 2019, at 14:09, Florimond Berthoux <florimond.berthoux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, I don’t know what the french law say, but that’s not an issue,
> we don’t tag the law ;)
> I’m really here just to know the english word.
> In France we also say "vélo cargo" (cargo bike), so I’d go for
> cargo_bike if none disapprove.

I would be interested in the implications, if there is cargo_bicycle=yes, does it imply I can go there with a regular bicycle as well? In case it is bicycle=yes, is it valid for cargo bicycles as well? And the same for no-cases.
If there is no legal definition that distinguishes cargo bicycles from other bicycles, who decides what a cargo bicycle is?
Or is it maybe a question of courtesy not to park a regular bike on a cargo bike stall? In this case it wouldn’t be an access tag IMHO.

Cheers Martin