[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Small electric vehicles - keys updated

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 09:37:17 UTC 2019

Pedelec and S-Pedelec are terms frequently used in EU countries.
A good introduction is the Wikpedia article Pedelec.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedelec>
As for tagging we need to be extremely careful not to use ambiguous terms.
Certainly access=electrical_bicycle is to be avoided as that would comprise
two categories of vehicles (Pedelec and S-Pedelec) that are treated very
differently in many countries.

This subject is really messy as we have also cities issuing local
regulations as well that can modify national regulations.

Don't we have in the community someone who knows someone who works in the
electrical bicycle market? The manufacturers need to have some
documentation, I presume.