[Tagging] club=scout for similar organisations

s8evq s8evq at runbox.com
Sat Feb 2 13:59:19 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 13:56:03 +0100, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:
> A club, being an association between people, is not a geographical entity.

That's clear, I can agree with that.

> Thus I prefer tagging the physical entity, which is the club home, with
> amenity=community_centre
> where you can specify more closely what it is, e.g.
> community_centre=club_home or
> community_centre=youth_centre
> and specify the target group with
> community_centre:for=*
>
> Adding club=* to describe the intentions of the club even further, the special interest, is fine,
> but I'd not use it alone. club=scout, from the original question, would be such special interest.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

> Contrary, the age group (senior, youth) is not a special interest in that sense, compared to the
> long list of valid examples on the page.

How would you then tag the building and field where Chiro, KSA or Australian Air Force Cadets youth groups gather weekly. club=???

In other words: why does the Scouts movement have it's own club=  value? While, in my opinion, scout is not a generic description that covers all.