[Tagging] edit war about deletion of proposal

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:28:29 UTC 2019

On Mon, Feb 04, 2019 at 01:26:03PM +0100, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> Usually, they "old" proposals get archived (has 2 benefits: they will not
> be modificable any more, and it will be less easy to confuse them with
> current tag definitions).
>
> I am interested in your opinion on this case, where 2 users (so far) are
> for the wholesale deletion, while 3 have demonstrated they would like to
> keep it in some way or the other:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Proposed_features/Armory&action=history

I think it is clear that if a deletion is contested it should go through
a delete proposal or just be kept as is.

Apart of this special case the problem is user Adamant1 marked a large number
of pages with {{delete}} without any further discussion, in addition his previous
record isn't something that gives me the warm feeling of unlimited trust.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Labelled_for_deletion is now
filled with about 180 requests of which some may turn out controversial.

Please have look at the list of pages and raise your voice if there is anything
that doesn't appear like a clear case for deletion for you.

Richard